We often pay most of our attention to skin and hair care, but we forget that our facial skin is even more delicate than that of the rest of our bodies. The central attraction of a human face is the pink-colored soft lips. They face harsh environmental aggressors, which make them dry and chapped. While one may conceal dryness using lipsticks or lip tints, opting for a toxin-free lipstick colour is the best approach.
Protecting and caring for your lips is essential to the overall facial look. Dry, cracked, and chapped lips are painful and hard to conceal. They can affect your self-confidence, make you conscious, and even interfere with eating. The good thing is that you can get moistened and softer lips in just a few days by applying nourishing lip care products.
What are lip balms?
Lip Balms are soft wax-like substances that you apply to soften and hydrate dry or chapped lips. They are enriched with natural and nourishing ingredients that help restore and retain moisture in the lips. Most of them contain hydrating ingredients such as shea butter and natural oils that provide intense nourishment to the lips.
Why is it essential to carry a nourishing balm for lips?
A balm is a wax-like structure for lips that can come in handy anytime. Be it summers or winters, rainy or autumn, men and women need to keep a toxin-free balm for lips handy as it helps replenish dry and chapped lips. In addition, it is an easy-to-carry product that doesn’t take much space and instantly hydrates your lips and fixes them.
Advantages of using a soft and nourishing balm for the lips
- Provides deep hydration & hydration: Your lips are made of very thin skin and thus get dry and chapped easily. This causes redness and inflammation as they start flaking. Mamaearth Lip Balm made with natural ingredients helps in providing the necessary moisture it needs to hydrate the dry tissues. This will keep your pout plump and soften those lines, restoring youthful and supple lips.
- Slows down multiple signs of aging: Just like our skin, the lips can lose their moisture and develop lines. Applying a coat of SPF-powered balm will help you combat collagen production in your lips from thinning out. It would also provide volume and color.
- Acts as a primer for lips: A lip balm is a wax-like material that smoothens out the surface of lips. It helps easily apply lipstick and protects your lips. It also helps if your lips are discolored due to medications or smoking.
- Protects from the sun’s UV rays: We all have been victims of the sun’s harmful UV rays that dry out and damage our skin. But opting for a toxin-free balm (with an SPF of 30 or more) will protect your lips against the sun’s UV rays.
- Makes your lips pop: Why stay restricted to hydration when you can get beauty too! A moisturizing balm for lips contains a hint of color that gives your lips a healthy hue, helping them fade away hyperpigmentation, dullness, and dark spots on the lips caused due to various environmental factors.
- Protects new skin cells: Maybe you will be unaware that the temperature of lips rises to produce new skin cells and flush out remaining toxins while sleeping. This results in lips losing moisture overnight. Applying a natural lip balm helps in protecting the new skin cells and keeps them moisturized.
Tip: Are you unable to find the perfect lipstick for your lips? If yes, then it’s time for you to opt for Mamaearth Matte Lipstick Shades. These lipstick shades can be your perfect beauty partner as they stay on for 12 hours without smudging and keep your lips hydrated.
4 Common lip care mistakes you should not make!
Whether skincare or hair care routine, we always make mistakes that prove to be a hurdle in achieving the best of both. Unfortunately, with lips, people often tend to make the following mistakes:
- Avoiding licking them: The dryness, roughness, and lip cracks people face during the harsh weather have become why they tend to lick their rough lips. The more you lick your lips, the more they will dry up and start cracking. Thus, one should avoid this habit.
- Avoid removing dead skin: We all like removing the dead flaky skin from our lips with our hands. However, peeling dead skin with hands may lead to extracting the fresh skin and may lead to bleeding. For soothing the dead skin on the lips, you can apply a natural lip balm that provides them hydration for 12 hours and heals dry & chapped lips.
- Do remove the lipstick before bedtime: It is equally important to remove the lipstick from the eyes as it is crucial to remove the makeup from the skin before bed. Avoiding it will harm your lips and may turn them black. For an instant dose of hydration, you should apply a nourishing flavored lip balm made of naturally hydrating ingredients.
- Avoid breathing from your mouth: Breathing from the mouth is one of the reasons that cause lips to dry. Mostly this happens when we are sleeping. To avoid this, we should clear our nasal passages before bed. Mouth breathing causes harm to our health in many ways.
Which matte shades are safe to apply on lips?
Infused with the natural goodness of Avocado Oil and Vitamin E, Mamaearth Matte Lipsticks Shades are safe to apply. It is a lightweight formula that nourishes your lips, seals in the moisture for up to 8 hours, and provides a vibrant look without getting smudged. It is available in nine feel-good shades.
A Perfect Balm is a Calm
When it comes to keeping your lips well nourished, soft, supple, and crack-free, Lip balms become an essential part of the daily lip care routine. Try Mamaearth Lip Balm and Matte Lipstick Shades that are cruelty-free, non-toxic, made from natural ingredients, and MadeSafe Certified.
Did You Know? Mamaearth is Asia’s 1st MadeSafe Certified brand that spreads goodness in India through its environment-first actions. Also, the brand believes in recycling more plastic than they consume, reducing human environmental effects.