Gynecomastia is a health condition that affects 1 out of 4 males. It may occur mostly in teenage boys going through the stage of puberty, and older men. Males suffering from this condition experience benign enlargement of their breasts which is caused by an imbalance of testosterone and estrogen.Usually, gynecomastia is not a cause of serious concern but it may be tough to cope with as it can cause social embarrassment. In some of the cases, boys and men with gynecomastia may experience pain in their breasts. To treat this medical condition, male chest fat reduction surgery will be performed by best clinic for gynecomastia surgery in hyderabad .
Causes of Gynecomastia
There are many types of health conditions that may cause or aggravate gynecomastia, such as:
- Hormonal imbalance and Puberty
- Thyroid complications and Hyperthyroidism
- Diseases that affect the male testicles
- Malnutrition and starvation
How to prepare yourself for gynecomastia surgery?
You must follow these tips for male breast reduction surgery:
- You must select a qualified and experienced surgeon based on their education, certification, and training. You need to be comfortable with the surgeon as far as asking questions or suggestions is concerned.
- If you are opting for male breast reduction surgery, you must avoid eating 8 hours before surgery, and avoid drinking 6 hours prior to the surgery.
- You must remember to not wear jewellery, deodorant, contact lenses, nipple rings, and dentures before surgery.
- It is important for the patients to wear loose-fitting and comfortable clothing. You must preferably a wear a hoodie with a zipper or a button-up top.
- You must take multivitamins 2 weeks before and 6 weeks after surgery. However, it is important to note that vitamin E should not be taken separately from multivitamins.
Things to avoid while considering gynecomastia surgery
It is important for you to follow the undermentioned tips and precautions:
- You must avoid sunbathing for at least 2-3 weeks before surgery. This is important because tanning of the chest skin may potentially increase the risk of permanent scarring.
- You must avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol at least 2 weeks before the surgery.
- You must avoid blood thinners and aspirin-containing products, herbal supplements, and Vitamin E supplements.
Prepare for the recovery period
The toughest part of gynecomastia surgery comes afterward when you need to recover. You must make arrangements to take time off from work and spend time resting. You must take help for a couple days after surgery from friends and family to help you with routined tasks.
If suffering from enhanced male breasts, Gynecomastia treatment can be a good choice for you to enjoy permanent results and gain more confidence. Also, you can get more comfortable revealing the chest contours.
Gynecomastia is also an excellent choice if you have been experiencing physical discomfort or embarrassment because of your breasts.
If you wish to undergo male chest fat reduction surgery, you must reach out to a well-known cosmetic surgeon.