A common question being troubled all the time, which makes aspirants wonder, is it feasible to prepare for both the SBI PO and the RBI Grade B examination at the same time? Yes! You can prepare for both exams simultaneously. If you are preparing for RBI Grade B Phase 1, then the majority of the SBI PO exam is being prepared automatically.
To make things simpler for aspirants, the similarity in these two exams is RBI Grade B Phase 1 circumscribes the whole syllabus of SBI PO Prelims and Mains. So, aspirants can prepare for the SBI PO exam easily if he/she is preparing for RBI Grade B Phase 1 exam.
If we take a birds-eye view on RBI Grade B phase 1 exam and SBI PO exam, we will see that it demands knowledge of:
- General aptitude includes logical reasoning, reading comprehension passages, etc.
- Mathematical aptitude includes numerical reasoning, data interpretation, and basic mathematics till class 10th.
- Basic command over the English language is tested by a few questions related to English grammar and vocabulary.
- Basic computer aptitude is required for day-to-day work on a computer.
- And finally, knowledge of the core field of that exam or institution, here economics and finance.
- Good knowledge of Current affairs.
SBI PO and RBI Grade B Exam Overview:
Here is a detailed tabular comparison of the RBI Grade B (Phase 1) and SBI PO Exam to help you understand the similarities and differences between both the exam.
|SBI PO||RBI Grade B|
|Exam conducting body||State Bank of India (SBI)||Reserve Bank of India (RBI)|
|Selection Process||· Preliminary· Mains· Group Discussion & Interview||· Preliminary/Phase 1· Mains/Phase 2· Interview|
|Preliminary Subjects||· English Language· Quantitative Aptitude.· Reasoning Ability.||· Reasoning· Quantitative Aptitude.· General Awareness.· English Language.|
|For Preliminary,Quantitative Aptitude:· Simplification· Number System· Average· Percentage· Ratio and Proportion· Interest· Number Series· Profit and Loss· Speed, Time, and Distance· Algebra· Mensuration· Data Interpretation· Mixture ProblemsReasoning Ability:· Coding & Decoding· Inequalities· Ordering and Ranking· Directions & Distances· Arrangement & Pattern· Analogy· Classification· Syllogisms· Blood Relations· Input-Output· Data Sufficiency· Circular Seating Arrangement· Scheduling· Grouping and Selection· Verbal ReasoningEnglish Language:· Fill in the Blanks· Reading Comprehension· Para Jumbles· Cloze Test· Error Spotting· Phrase Replacement/ Sentence Correction· Phrase Idiom Meaning· Sentence/ Paragraph Completion· Spellings||For Phase 1/Preliminary,Quantitative Aptitude:· Ratio and Proportion· Average· Time and Work· Speed, Distance, and Time· Mixture and Allegations· Approximation & Simplification· Partnership· Problems of Boats & Streams· Problems on Trains· Pipes & Cisterns· Percentage· Permutation and Combination· Algebra· Trigonometry· Data Interpretation· Mensuration· Probability· Set TheoryReasoning:· Inequality· Coding-Decoding· Syllogism· Machine Input Output· Data Sufficiency· Arguments· Alpha-Numeric· Symbol Series· Puzzle· Seating Arrangement· Verbal Reasoning· Ordering and Ranking· Arrangement and Pattern· Blood Relations· Direction and DistanceEnglish Language:· Grammar· Vocabulary· Error Spotting· Comprehension· Passage Making· Jumble Words· Fill in the Blanks· Sentence FramingGeneral Awareness:· Current Affairs· Indian Financial System· Indian Banking System· Monetary Plans· National Institution· Banking Terms|
As you can see that except for some of the topics, there is a significant harmony in the syllabus of both exams. Subjects are the same for RBI Grade B (Phase 1) and SBI PO Prelims exam. So, one can target for both of the exams. The RBI Grade B exam diverges from the SBI PO exam when it comes to Phase 2 (RBI Grade B). Meanwhile, to get acquainted with the detailed syllabus and preparation strategies of the RBI Grade B Phase 2 examination you can go through BYJU’s Exam Prep.
Some Additional strategies and tips to manage your preparation simultaneously for both SBI PO and RBI Grade B exam:
1. Division and subdivision of the topics according to the level of difficulties shall prove helpful in understanding which topic requires more effort.
2. Allocate separate days for different topics.
3. Reassessment of your SBI PO exam preparation app with BYJU’s Exam Prep alongside RBI Grade B will help you to improve upon your previous plan.
4. Proper division of your efforts as well as timing. This will ensure better preparation for both exams. Candidates can also practice time v/s accuracy via mock test series of SBI PO and RBI Grade B exams available at BYJU’s Exam Prep.
5. Go through the detailed syllabus and check the exam pattern for both exams.
Hope you find this article helpful.